RCMP Thank Their Volunteers
2021-04-19 10:53 PDT
During National Volunteer Appreciation week the Prince George Detachment would like to thank and acknowledge their many dedicated volunteers.
The Prince George RCMP works with several groups of volunteers who are committed to facilitating a safer, more sustainable community through effective programs and services.
We are grateful for our volunteers who have provided us with their amazing generosity and dedication over the years, says Linda Parker, Community Policing Coordinator.
There are six distinct groups of RCMP volunteers offering valuable services to the community:
- Citizens on Patrol – patrol the city reporting suspicious activity, provide Speed Watch and distracted driver campaigns, conduct foot patrols, and assist at city-wide special events.
- Community Policing – Front Desk – front line workers serving witness subpoenas, fielding inquiries and providing customer assistance.
- Restorative Justice – work with youth and adult offenders, providing an effective alternative to the criminal justice system with a focus on accountability problem solving and community healing.
- Victim Services – provide emotional support for victims of crime or trauma; liaise between the victim, Court system, law enforcement and community agencies, providing helpful referral services.
- RCMP Auxiliary – assist with crime prevention programs and services including special events; home security assessments and Garage 529 anti-bike theft clinics.
- Safety Bear – the goodwill ambassador and mascot of the Prince George RCMP, attends special events and city-wide functions with a whimsical approach.
For information on volunteer programs and services contact RCMP Community Policing at (250) 561-3366 or email email@example.com
Cst. Jennifer CooperCommunications NCO / Media Relations Officer
Prince George RCMP
455 Victoria Street, Prince George, BC, V2L 0B7
- Date modified: