Kamloops RCMP front counter services
2020-03-23 13:29 PDT
File # PSA
Kamloops RCMP is taking precautions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to protect the public and our employees, the Kamloops RMCP is making the following changes in response to COVID-19. The Battle Street Detachment front office and the Community Policing Office on the North Shore will be open Monday to Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you are exhibiting symptoms including fever, coughing and difficulty breathing, do not come to the detachment for any police services.
These changes are being taken as a preventative measure and do not affect 9-1-1 service or calls to our non-emergency line, 250-828-3000. Both of those services continue to be offered 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our priority continues to be community safety and security and we are taking these measure to help ensure core policing duties will not be impacted. We appreciate your continued support and understanding.
We would also like to remind the public that you can report crimes using the Online Crime Reporting tool: https:ocre-sielc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/kamloops
Residents and business owners from Kamloops, with a valid email address, are able to use the Online Crime Reporting tool using their computers, smart phones or tablets to report a crime.
The following incidents are reportable online:
- Damage/mischief under $5,000 to property;
- Damage/mischief under $5,000 to vehicle;
- Hit and run to unoccupied vehicle or property;
- Theft of bicycle under $5,000;
- Theft under $5,000;
- Theft under $5,000 from vehicle;
- Lost property
In order to make a report online, the following conditions must be met:
- The member of the public making the online report MUST use their real name and have a valid email address;
- There MUST NOT be any witnesses or suspects;
- Follow-up by a police officer MUST NOT be required;
- Reports MUST NOT involve personal identification (passports, drivers licences, etc), firearms, licence plates or decals;
- The user MUST agree to the terms and conditions of use.
Cpl. Jodi ShelkieMedia Relations Officer
560 Battle Street, Kamloops, BC V2C 6N4
Office: (250) 828-3068
- Date modified: