BC RCMP is seeking highly motivated team players who possess strong communication and problem-solving abilities, and are motivated to make a vital contribution to the communities we serve.
To apply to become a 9-1-1 Police Dispatcher with BC RCMP you must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen or have permanent resident status in Canada. Individuals with permanent resident status must have resided (been physically present) in Canada for 4 (1,460 days) out of the last 5 years as a permanent resident.
- Possess a Canadian secondary school (high school) diploma, or a satisfactory score on the Public Service Commission test approved as an alternative to a secondary school diploma.
- Be proficient in English.
The following criteria are considered assets for the 9-1-1 Police Dispatcher position:
- Experience providing services to the public.
- Experience working in an environment that requires multitasking.
What do I do if my education was obtained outside of Canada?
Original proof of your education will be requested during the Application Process to verify that you meet the education requirement for the position.
If your education was obtained outside of Canada, you must get an equivalency assessment. Please contact the Canadian International Centre for International Credentials as soon as possible to initiate the evaluation process.
- Date modified: